Thursday, 14 August 2008

The One

Kylie has just released her newest single "The One". It is definitely one of the better songs from her album "Kylie X", and I am so glad her team has put together a really good video for it. I simply love it, as it revisits her classy pseudo-Marilyn Monroe image in the 90s. And I dig the mosaic moving images. However, this video ranks easily as one of the campy ones (ie for Miss Minogues GLBT fans), probably second to her 2001 B-side "Your Disco Needs You".

  • Psychedelic graphics. Check.
  • Male dancer in tiny boxer shorts. Check.
  • OTT outfit changes. Check.




Some kind folks in UK also uploaded her live performances for the unlucky folks in other parts of the world. Is Showgirl Kylie trying to do the "Crazy Horse" thing? It's ahem, very artistic I must say! But definitely not the most suitable form of entertainment for young viewers.


No comments: