I went for a Songcraft Songwriting Circle gathering last night at Substation, without knowing what to expect. I was just told - a gathering for some friends to perform their self-compositions. As you know, there are many ways to spend your Friday night, but I decided to lend some moral support to J. He's one of my really good friend from University, who chose to pursue his interest in music as a sideline and organised the event for budding songwriters in Singapore
I was pleasantly surprised by the people who attended, and their compositions. They came from different walks of life, of which some of them got to know the event via J's blog. We discussed the source of inspiration for the compositions, the usual argument whether "Lyics first, or Melody first?", and of course our YouTube fantasies after listening to a korean drama-ish composition that night.
Well, I am so looking forward to the next Songcraft Songwriting Circle on 18 May. For more details, do check out http://songcraft.wordpress.com/
2 comments:
Hey Weifeng, thanks so much for the moral support! Really appreciate your presence last night very much (and your friend's as well).
J Yew
Post a Comment