Saturday, 11 July 2009

Just Engaged


You are forgiven if you are guilty of doing the "oh-my-gosh-i-cannot-believe-it-you-have-done-that" expression, "i-am-so-shocked-yet-i-am-so-happy-for-you" girly scream, or worst "I-am-not-Tom Cruise-but-I-am-jumping-on-my-seat" chimpanzee impersonation.

After a week of careful planning, Justin finally popped the question. After breaking the news to a few groups of people, I gathered it will be better to come up with a FAQ to the usual pesky questions that you may be dying to ask:-

1. Where and when did I propose?
At Indoor Stadium Riverfront on 20 June 2009.

2. What did you do? Did you go down on your knees?
It was a normal Saturday (Mind you, I am not a cheapo that combines the wedding proposal with a special occasion eg Christmas/ Birthday/ Valentine's). We met for tea after her group discussion, surprised with her a bouquet of lilac roses that she fancies, followed by a comedy movie (I'll will so blog about it next time), and a romantic dinner at Le Bistrot (Guys, this place score full marks for food and atmosphere). We then took a stroll along the river, before I fished out the ring, on a bended knee.

I realised this question came almost exclusively from girls. I just wonder is it because they are naturally kaypoh (inquisitive in local dialect) over any couple's private lives, or are they curious to know if their dreams of a perfect wedding proposal is vaguely possible. Then again, many of them asked me if I kneeled - is it too much for a guy to kneel down for the lady's hand? It's a proposal for goodness sake. I actually realised a few friends' bf had proposed to them in a rather insincere and nonchalant manner. Seesh. to me, it just shows they are not brave and romantic enough.

3. How big is "it"?
6 inch. (Oops, bad joke!). Dude, "Size matters" but I won't tell you how many bloody carats. Take a look at the ring when you can, and try to make a good guess.

4. How much did you spend on the ring?
I just wanna say there are many things money can't buy. I am so glad PS does not expect a certain brand, size or other qualities in a ring. To her, this is the best ring she will ever have (*Tintin beaming with pride*). But if you really want to know, it definitely meets the unofficial standard of "2 months salary".

5. So when is the actual day?
Hopefully it will be in October 2010. It is going to require time, effort and money to prepare for our wedding, but we are leaving it all in God's hands.

5. And why are you announcing it here so many weeks later?
Our folks and close friends have the right to know it from us earlier. Some of you may be kicking yourself right now for missing the Wednesday cell group.

Now, you can scream and shriek all you want. Be happy for Tintin! Weeeee.

No comments: