Friday, 10 April 2009

Is Your Partner AAA+?

I think my life has recently entered into a phase where casual conversation topics seldom revolve around fashion trends, sleaze and gossip (uhm.. I know I can still do this with my BFFs when I am 80.. haha..  *air muacks*). As I was saying, somehow I have to engage in discussions on government policies, career, and very often our partners. 

Anyway, affairs of the heart never fail to generate interest, whether you are straight or not. Some may go into the specifics into why Mr X is The One (cue Ms M) simply because he's cute, charismatic or has the 5Cs. I seriously hope we don't need a checklist when looking for our future partners. And although I will not challenge the view that guys are visual creatures, I still belive it's the overall package that matters at the end of the day. OMG.. this sounds like the bilateral ties with our northern neighbour, minus the diplomatic bulls***. 

Some of us learnt what qualities we truly seek in relationship partner the hard way. A couple of wrong turns and nasty breakups later, I suppose we have grown wiser. Some of us will think twice about critical factors such as religion, family background, while others lose sleep and appetite over bad hair or bad dressing. I guess when you are really in love, these things don't really matter, though they may be a temprorary prick in the skin. Whatever the reasons may be, beauty is only skin deep, and 40 years from now, you better hope your partner still accepts an old and wrinkly you.

Well, we are pretty familiar with female magazines that has an inane tendency of creating scorecards for their readers to rate their spouse or partners. Instead of an arithmetic score, I will prefer a holistic analysis and an overall grade just like Standard & Poor's long-term credit ratings that determine the creditworthiness and desirability of a company on a specturm of factors.

So in true blue bankers' talk, is your partner AAA+? 

No comments: