Monday, 15 February 2010

There Must Be An Angel

Last year, one woman who thought it was cool to name herself after "Pasir Ris" but decided that "Pasir" doesn't really shout "ME", shot to fame with her unusual and shockingly substandard vocabulary. Many Singaporeans had a good laugh, including yours truly. However, Eurythmics was just as guilty of the same cardinal sin back with their song in 1985 (Cue 00:40). The follks from the Land of the stiff upper lip didn't even make a fart about it. In fact, I am sure Miss Low would have said "BOOM" rather than "BOOMZ" if she ever speaks Queen's English. Give her a break, I say. Live and Forgive.

Anyway, this infectious tune by Eurythmics has been one of my favourites for as long as I have started listening to pop music. It helps that Miss Lennox and Mr Stewart has buried the hatchet so we can continue to listen to her old hits.


"There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart)" - Eurythmics

No comments: