Saturday, 19 September 2009

Big Mouth

It's a tough fight.

On the left is a motley crew that hails from Taiwan or the Land of Bubble Tea. Weighing a total of 500 pounds, the members are spin maestro DJ 宗华, rapper MC40 (仕霖), vocalist 怀秋 and pretty Japanese babe 爱莎. In my humble opinion, 大嘴巴 or Da Mouth is probably the best dance/ hiphop group in Chinese pop scene in recent years. These individuals are immensely talented and are really good at what they are doing - sampling, mixing, rapping, dancing, and looking hot. Oops, did I miss out their singing? Haha. Anyway, they definitely get me happy and feel like clubbing right away.

On the right is the Queen of (Loud) Love Ballads. Weighing slightly more than the micorphone stand, Ms Whitney Houston has come a long way since she haunted the airwaves with "I Will Always Love You". I mean, her mouth is ALL that you can see when she scaled across octaves effortlessly, and easily put an opera singer to shame. Then again, I cannot help notice that she sounded visibly weaker in her recent comeback album. Was it the cocaine, or all that screaming at ex-hub Bobby "Humping Around" Brown?

It wasn't too difficult. Boys and girls, drugs are bad for you. =p

Da Mouth 1 : Whitney Houston 0

"国王皇后" - 大嘴巴

No comments: