Last 2 weeks were probably the most challenging period at work this year. I had to address some product development issues. Well, I regard that as part and parcel of my work, but when I was asked to make copies of regulations for my superior, I began asking if I am paid to do the least value-adding activity in the office. No prizes for guessing if I managed to complete the monitoring reviews for that week, or if I am friggin' mad for leaving office at past 8pm.. on a FRIDAY!
The usual symptoms of stress started manifesting: bad temper, peeling lips, binging. Yes, I indulge in food to relieve stress, well only to a certain extent. I actually had my first Roti Prata (Indian version of pancakes) in 2 years, went for my company's dinner and dance, popped several fruit-coated chocolates, all in a weekend. And yes, that sure got me into the gym for intensive cardio (read: Spin and Treadmill sessions) to write off those calorie credits.
Oh well, with my sweetheart enjoying grabbing my love handles occasionally, I may be getting names for them soon. I sure hope they will get a masculine sounding name. And dear, no "flubber". Ahem, it is just too unglam and cutesy.
The usual symptoms of stress started manifesting: bad temper, peeling lips, binging. Yes, I indulge in food to relieve stress, well only to a certain extent. I actually had my first Roti Prata (Indian version of pancakes) in 2 years, went for my company's dinner and dance, popped several fruit-coated chocolates, all in a weekend. And yes, that sure got me into the gym for intensive cardio (read: Spin and Treadmill sessions) to write off those calorie credits.
Oh well, with my sweetheart enjoying grabbing my love handles occasionally, I may be getting names for them soon. I sure hope they will get a masculine sounding name. And dear, no "flubber". Ahem, it is just too unglam and cutesy.
No comments:
Post a Comment