The retro thing is really the rave now. Channel 8 has been telecasting a REALLY OLD drama "谜" on weekdays nights. AND Gosh, it really brings back fond memories of watching it when I was in Primary school. Back then, guys drool over Madeline Zhu and Tang Miao Ling, and girls were crazy over Wang Yu Qing. A far cry from the Fiona Xie, Jade Seah or Vincent Ng of today.
Channel 5 is also showing their new production "80's Rewind", and boy was I poked by all the things from that era. The big hair, the suah-ku clothes, and of course, the many icons of national campaigns. Yeah, it has reminded me that I am, after all, born in the last century.
In retrospect, the Lion City has indeed progressed a tad too quickly. It's amazing so many artefacts of the 80s are non-existent today. Back then, the hawker centers has green coloured tables with metal stools; the telephones were standard red/green plastic monsters that is bigger than the size of your head.
Laugh it off. But I do feel old.
Channel 5 is also showing their new production "80's Rewind", and boy was I poked by all the things from that era. The big hair, the suah-ku clothes, and of course, the many icons of national campaigns. Yeah, it has reminded me that I am, after all, born in the last century.
In retrospect, the Lion City has indeed progressed a tad too quickly. It's amazing so many artefacts of the 80s are non-existent today. Back then, the hawker centers has green coloured tables with metal stools; the telephones were standard red/green plastic monsters that is bigger than the size of your head.
Laugh it off. But I do feel old.
1 comment:
haha nice blog entry. think i belong to the same generation as you. anyway bumped into your site :) nice blog.
Post a Comment